Carpet cleaning is a great household chore. It is far from simply vacuuming and getting rid of dirt that is certainly trapped in the carpet fiber. When the dirt is not easy to eliminate, you may need to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpets that can take hours to complete by yourself. However, for those who have made a decision to perform the cleaning yourself, we are glad to provide you with seven smart tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your rug washing materials in one pail and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read carefully the guidelines on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package guidelines to ensure safety.
3. Remove almost all of the furnishings and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let loved ones leave the area while you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the rug first to clear it of particles that is trapped on the rug fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you use liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the room. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are typical so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Ellicott City, MD especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional rug cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of carpet. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Ellicott City, MD. Call them now and let them help you.