Emergency Tips for Water Damage: Don’ts
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpets incorrectly could promote shrinkage or backing deterioration.
- Do not wait to call for professional help. Damage from the water and bacteria growth can begin within hours.
One of the hidden dangers of water damage is MOLD. If not detected and treated properly within 48 hours, mold can create serious ongoing consequences. Inhabitants of the structure may experience repeated sickness. We have non-invasive methods for detecting moisture and effective methods for treating mold and mold spores.