When the dust is difficult to remove, you ought to seek the assistance of a skilled rug cleaner specifically if you have wall to wall carpeting that can take hours to complete on your own. However, for those who have made a decision to do the cleaning on your own, we are glad to provide you with seven great tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your carpet washing materials in one container and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Study meticulously the instructions on the rug cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package guidelines to ensure safety.
3. Take out most of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the carpet surface. Let family members leave the area when you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of dirt that's caught on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. Should you use liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the room. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are typical so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Ellicott City, MD especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional rug cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Ellicott City, MD. Call them now and let them help you.